It is paramount that you know about the Nationwide Credit Card login steps because it is a vital step in keeping your account in good standing. Signing in to your credit card account allows you to pay your bills, manage your account preferences, add additional cardholder, access your cashback offers, check your transaction history & account balance, etc. What’s more? You can sign in to your account from any device as long as it is internet-enabled, and from any location in time.
You can sign in to your account online via the Nationwide Credit Card online banking portal or Banking app.
How Do I Sign In to My Nationwide Credit Card Account Online?
- Click on this link to go to the Nationwide Internet Bank portal.
- Enter your unique customer number and date of birth into the fields provided.
- Tap Continue to proceed.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to sign in to your account dashboard.
- If you’ve not yet enrolled your card for internet banking you can do now by clicking on the visible “Register Now” link at the top-right corner of the page.
- Next, choose the “Credit card” option under the “I want to register with my:” section.
- Tap Continue to proceed to the next steps.
- The next steps involve creating your login credentials and security questions in case of emergency or loss of account login details.
NOTE: You’ll need to have your mobile phone with you during the registration process as you’ll receive a code through it to complete your registration. Also, another code would be sent to your registered email address to verify your identity.
How to Activate Nationwide Credit Card
- Once you’ve received your card by mail, a PIN will also be sent to your mailing address at a later date.
- You can change your PIN after you’ve used it for the first time.
How do I change my PIN?
You can change your PIN at any Nationwide bank ATM around you. To change your PIN, simply:
- Enter your credit card into the ATM slot
- Enter your default PIN
- Next, choose the “PIN services” and select “PIN change” to proceed.
- Finally, enter your new PIN into the dialog box.
How to Pay Nationwide Credit Card Bill
You can pay your Nationwide credit card bill via 5 different ways namely:
- Online via the Internet Banking portal
- Banking App
- By Phone
- In-person at any Nationwide branch
- By post
- Via Direct Debit
How to Pay Your Bill Online
- Sign in to your account via the Nationwide Internet Banking portal
- Navigate to the accounts section and choose the account you want to make a payment on
- Next, select the “Make a single payment” option and select your credit card
- Enter and the amount that you wish to pay
- Finally, submit your request
NB: You can set up recurrent payment by choosing the “Set up a regular payment”.
How to Make Payment Via the Banking App
- Launch the Banking app and sign in to your account
- Choose the account you wish to make a payment from and select the “pay or move money” option to proceed
- Choose the credit card that you want to pay and enter the desired amount
- Lastly, confirm and submit your payment request
How to Pay Your Credit Card Bill By Setting Up Direct Debit
To set up a direct debit, you’ll need to have your account number and sort code of the bank account you’re drawing the payment from. Secondly, have your 16-digit credit card number and call Nationwide on 03456 00 66 11 (from 8 am to 8 pm on Mon-Sat, 8 am-5 pm on Sun) to process your payment.
How to Pay Your Bill Over the Telephone
Call the automated Nationwide Credit Card help service on 03456 00 66 11 and follow the prompt instructions to make your payment.
NB: Payment via this method are usually credited to your account the next business day.
Pay Your Bill In-Person
Walk into any Nationwide branch and tell the customer service agents that you wish to make a payment on your credit card. You’ll need to provide your credit card and payment slip (If using cheque) before payments can be processed. Payments can be made by cash, cheque, or bank transfer.
How to Mail Your Payment
Send your payment to the following address:
Nationwide Credit Card Services
PO Box 2884
NB: Make sure your cheque is payable to your credit card using this format: “Nationwide Credit Card — YOUR NAME”. Also, write your 16-digit credit card number on the back of the cheque.
How to Make Nationwide Credit Card Balance Transfer
A balance transfer application can be done online or over the phone. The minimum balance you can transfer is £1 and up to 95% of your available credit limit. There are certain rates and charges you’ll incur when you perform a balance transfer.
How to Transfer a balance online
Log on to your Nationwide credit card account here
Navigate to the Accounts tab and select your credit card from the options.
Next, tap on the ‘transfer a balance’ option to perform a balance transfer.
How to Transfer a Balance by Phone
Call 0800 055 66 11 (between 8 am — 8 pm on Mondays to Saturdays, and 9 am — 5 pm on Sundays) to perform a balance transfer by phone.
what is Cash Reward on Nationwide Credit Card?
Nationwide cash reward program allows you to earn 0.25% of the value of your purchases made with your credit card. Awesome! Innit? There are certain rules you must follow before you can be eligible for a cashback. They include:
- Cashback rewards can only be earned on purchases made in pounds sterling using your credit card.
- Cashback does not apply to balance transfers, insurance premiums, and cash advances.
- Lastly, you cannot get cashback rewards on purchases made with other currencies aside from the pounds sterling.
When is the Cashback Reward Paid?
The earnings accrued via cash rewards are usually paid to your account on every December of each year.
Nationwide Credit Card Fees and Charges
- There is also a late payment fee if you pay your bill after the due date
- Cash Advance fee: 2.5% of the value of the withdrawn or £3, depending on the amount that is greater
- Non-sterling transaction fee: 2% of the transaction amount
- Payment Scheme Exchange Fee:1% fee is applied
- Balance transfer fee: 1.5% of the amount within the first 90 days, after which you’ll be charged 2.4% or £5 of the transferred balance, whichever is greater.
How Do I Amend the credit limit on My Card?
You can either increase or decrease your credit limit by signing in to your account online, via the banking app, or by calling Nationwide on 03456 00 66 11 (UK) (or +44 2476 43 89 97 if you’re calling from abroad).
How to Amend Your Credit Limit Online
- Sign in to your account
- Next, choose your credit card account and select the “amend credit limit” option
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
How Do I Cancel My Credit Card Account?
You can close your account by calling 03456 00 66 11.