This is a review article concerning the LensCrafters credit card where you’re going to learn about all that the card entails; its benefits, fees & rates, pros & cons, and how to manage your credit card account online when you eventually own one. So sit back, grab a coffee and let’s dive right into it.
Like you must’ve known by now, the LensCrafters credit card is being issued by Synchrony bank on behalf of LensCrafters which is a chain of prescription eyewear retail stores, having more than 1,158 stores across the United States. The store was founded in 1983 by E. Dean Butler who was once a manager for the popular brand Procter & Gamble.
Now coming back to the card, I must say that the benefits offered by the LensCrafters credit card aren’t much. The only reason why you should get it is if you’re looking to finance your eyewear purchase. Any other than that is a no-no for me. Coming down to maintaining the card, I must say it is pretty cheap maintaining the card as it does not come with an annual fee, but where the issue lies is in the APR which is set at 29.99%. Coupled with that, cardholders are liable to pay a minimum interest charge of $2. Although you’ll not pay any interest if you complete payment within your financing duration which could be six or twelve months.
The LensCrafters credit card offers two financing options. They include:
- 12 months financing for two or more complete pairs of eyewear.
- 6 months financing for one pair of glasses and accessories.
LensCrafters credit card Review
Just as I mentioned earlier, the LensCrafters credit card is issued by Synchrony bank. Also, it is a store credit card offered by LensCrafters. In case you don’t know what a store credit card means, it means credit cards that are tied to a particular store. In most cases, they can ONLY be used at that particular store. This occurs when the cards are co-branded with an American Express, MasterCard, or Visa logo.
- No annual fee
- Good for people looking to finance purchases of eyewear.
- Speedy application & approval process
- Financing can be in six or twelve months depending on the one you qualify for.
- High APR
- No benefits or cashback rewards
- Can’t build credit score with this card as it does not report to the three major credit bureaus
- No bonuses or introductory rate.
How to Apply For the LensCrafters credit card
Applying for the LensCrafters credit card is very easy and can be done online from any device as long as it is connected to the internet. In as much as it is easy to apply, you still need to meet certain requirements set out by the credit card provider. They include;
- The applicant must be 18 years or above
- Have a valid government-issued tax identification number such as SSN
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- have a valid home address, email address, and mobile number.
- Ideally, you must have a credit score of 650+ to stand a better chance of being approved of one. Irrespective, those with lower credit scores can still give it a choice. You never can tell what precisely determines their credit decision.
If you meet all the requirements above, then you can proceed to the application steps. Read the instructions below to apply for one.
- Simply visit the LensCrafters Credit Card homepage.
- Click on the “Apply Online” to go to the application page.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN and your mobile number.
- Tap the “Continue” button to go to the next page where you’ll give more of your personal and financial details.
- Next, choose your credit option and accept the terms and conditions.
- Finally, submit your application to view your results.
LensCrafters Credit Card Login
- Follow this link to go to the LensCrafters credit card login page.
- Next, enter tap on the “Log In” icon and enter your Username and Password into the spaces given.
- Tap the secured “Log In” button to sign in to your account.
Recovering Your Login Details
If you can’t remember your login credentials or you’ve forgotten it in any way. Worry no more, because Synchrony bank has provided an avenue where cardholders can visit to retrieve their login details.
- Simply head over to the LensCrafters credit card page and tap on either the “I forgot my User Name or Password” link to proceed.
- Depending on the option that you choose, you’ll need to enter your account number, last 4-digits of your SSN, and your date of birth to verify to identity.
- Finally, tap Continue to submit your request.
How to Make LensCrafters Credit Card Payment
You can pay your LensCrafters credit card bill online by signing in to your account, by mail or over the telephone. Call 1-866-396-8254 to make your payment over the phone.
Want to mail your payment? Simply mail your cheque or money order together with your most recent account statements to the following payment address:
P.O. Box 960061
Orlando, FL 32896-0061
NB: Kindly exercise some patience during this period as payment may take up to five business days to process.