What comes to your mind when you hear the Kroger prepaid card? Convenience, bonuses, perks, high withdrawal limits, and worldwide acceptance, etc….right? You guessed right. If you’re looking for a prepaid card with high withdrawal limits, no overdraft fees, no gimmicks, worldwide acceptance, card security, no credit check, etc, the Kroger prepaid card is the right card for you. Trust me when I say that you won’t be disappointed when you try out the card.
Like other prepaid cards out there, the Kroger prepaid card provides a smart and convenient way to make payments and receive money. It is not tied to any bank account yet it gives you all the functionality that a regular debit card provides or even more.
Without further ado, the Kroger Rewards prepaid debit card is issued by U.S. Bank, a member of the FDIC. The card comes in two variants – co-branded with Visa or MasterCard.
Kroger Rewards Prepaid Debit Card Highlights
- Fast & convenient application process
- A reloadable prepaid debit card co-branded with Visa or Mastercard (Can be used anywhere you see their logos)
- Worldwide acceptance
- No overdraft fees
- The daily spending limit is capped at $2,525
- You’ll get a $10 bonus after you’ve made your first successful direct deposit
- Rewards points (3X points per spent at Kroger family of companies own-brand products, 2X points per dollar spent at Kroger stores, and 1X points per dollar spent anywhere else)
- You can redeem $5 for every 1,000 points
- As a cardholder, you’ll get a discount of 5 cents per gallon at Kroger gas stations when you pay with your card
- The maximum daily amount you can load is $5,000
Fees Associated with the Kroger Rewards Prepaid Debit Card
- The card comes with a $4.95 monthly maintenance fee.
- 3% International transaction fee is applied when you make an international payment
- $3.00 fee is applied for every card replacement application
- Cash Reload Fees: You’ll be charged $3.00 when you use Swipe Reload at Kroger Family Stores; $4.95 when you use Mastercard rePower®, and $3.00 when you make use of ReCharge Card™.
- ATM Withdrawal: You’ll be charged $2.50 every time you withdraw money from an ATM whether within or outside the United States
- ATM Balance Inquiry: You’ll be charged $0.50 when using the MoneyPass® ATM network or other ATM network
- International ATM Balance Inquiry fee: $1.00
- International Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount
- Card Replacement Expedited Delivery Fee: $15.00
Kroger Prepaid Card Eligible Requirements
Below are the following eligible requirements for the Kroger rewards Prepaid debit card:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a valid Physical US address
PSS: Be ready to disclose all these aforementioned information during the application.
How Do I Apply For the Kroger Prepaid Card?
There are two ways to go about it. First, you can get a temporary prepaid debit card at any of the Kroger Family of Stores around you for $1.50 and start using it right away before the permanent one arrives at your mailbox or you can just apply for the permanent one online right away without using the temporary card. Follow the instructions below to apply online:
- Go to www.kroger.com to get started
- On the homepage, click on “Learn More” under the Get the Card section.
- Click on “Apply Now” and enter your personal information to proceed to the next step.
- Next, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Lastly, verify your details before pressing the “Submit” button to send your application.
How to Register & Activate Your Kroger Prepaid Card
- Go to www.krogerprepaid.com from your browser.
- Next, click on the “Activate Card” link at the top-right corner of the homepage.
- Choose the “Reloadable card” option from the dialog box shown to continue.
- On the next page, click on the “Activate Card/First Time Login” link to proceed.
- Enter your 16-digit card number and click on Continue
- Follow the prompt instructions to successfully register your Kroger prepaid card.
How Can I Add Funds to My Card?
You can add funds to your Kroger prepaid card using Cash at any checkout lane, by direct deposit or through electronic funds transfer from your bank account.
Adding Funds at Checkout Lane
- Visit any Checkout Lane around you and simply request the associate load your card.
- The maximum amount you can reload onto your card is $1,000
- You’ll be charged a cash reload fee of $3.
Adding Money Using Direct Deposit
- Follow this link to download the Direct Deposit Process Authorization Form.
- Sign in to your account here or call 1-888-371-8966 to speak to a customer service representative to enroll in direct deposit.
- Upon logging in to your account, click on the “Direct Deposit” option to proceed.
- Complete the form diligently.
- Give the Direct Deposit Process Authorization Form to your employer.
Transferring money from Your Bank Account
- Go to your bank’s website to log in to your bank account.
- Select the “Direct Deposit” option.
- Enter your Kroger prepaid card routing & account number.
- Click send to initiate the transfer.
You can your cards just like a regular debit card. For example, you can use your card to purchase gas, pay at the grocery store, restaurant, hotel, bills, POS points, etc.