The Fortiva credit card is ideal for those with less than perfect credit scores looking to build their credit. Secondly, the fact that the credit card is an unsecured credit card makes it more enticing. Below is a summary detail of the Fortiva card; its Pros and Cons; as well as its benefits and other perks.
- You can own one with less a fair or poor credit score
- The card is unsecured; meaning you’re not required to deposit some funds before you can own one.
- It reports to the three major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.
- It is good for those looking to build their credit score
- The card is FDIC insured; meaning it has $0 fraud liability.
- You get free access to your credit score every two (2) months
- High annual fee (You pay between $49 to $175 for the first year, then $0 to $49 for the subsequent years)
- No cash back, miles, or rewards when you make a purchase with the card
- No signup bonus
- There is a variable APR between 24.99% to 36% for purchases and balance transfers.
- APR is between 24.99% to 36% for cash advances
Apart from the annual maintenance fee, there are other fees associated with the Fortiva credit card. Below is an overview of the fees to expect when you own one:
- You’ll be charged 3% on balance transfers
- You’ll pay a one-time program fee of $25 when you open an account
- late payment can be up to $38
- Expect to accrue a 3% foreign transaction fee whenever you make foreign transactions
- You have to be 18 years or above
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Have a valid home address
- Have a valid Social Security Number and a fair annual income.
Apply for Fortiva Credit Card
- Visit the Fortiva Credit Card website to begin the application process
- Complete the application form by entering your basic and financial information in their respective fields
- Review and submit your application
- Wait for the decision whether you’re approved.
Fortiva Credit Card login Guide | Access the Fortiva Credit Card Payment Login Portal
- You can access the fortiva credit card login page by visiting www.myfortiva.com
- Next, enter your username and password into their respective boxes
- Click on the “Sign in” button to log in to your account.
Kindly note that there is no separate fortiva credit card payment login portal. This is the only portal/way you can access your fortiva credit card account online. Once you’ve signed in to your account, you can do the following:
- Pay bills online
- Sign up for a paperless statement
- Check your account activity and balance
- Make transfers
- Enroll for SMS and email notification
Some Fortiva Credit Card Reviews Online From Customers
Want to learn what other customers saying concerning the Fortiva Credit Card before you ultimately make your decision? Below, you’ll find some reviews on the Fortiva Card posted by customers on various reviews site such as cardcruncher.com
I applied for the fortiva card to transfer a higher interest card to, but when I called to do the transfer I was told I am not able to transfer a balance FROM another credit card company. I was told that I could only transfer from this card TO another card company and still be charged the 3% transfer fee. PLEASE do yourself a favor and avoid this card like the plague!Jamie on Cardcruncher.com
While the fortiva card has a rating of 4.7 from 8,266 reviews on www.myfortiva.com, we cannot overlook other bad reviews on the card. This is evident on Supermoney.com where the card has a 7% rating from 29 votes.
Sincerely, there are both positive and negative reviews about the fortiva card. Therefore, I’ll advise you to check thoroughly if this card suits your personality and credit goal. If it does, you can go for it! But if you’re not feeling it, there are better cards out there that have better potential of building your credit score. Besides, most of them come with loads of exciting benefits like cashback rewards and other perks.
Fortiva Card Frequently Asked Questions
Below are common questions prospective customers usually asked about the fortiva card.
Is fortiva credit card legitimate?
Yes, the fortiva card is very legitimate. In fact, it is being issued by Bank of Missouri which is a member of the FDIC. Also, be rest assured that the card comes with a 0% liability in fraud instances.
Is fortiva credit card a good credit card?
Depending on your credit score/history, the fortiva credit card may be the ideal way to build your creditworthiness since it allows applicants with fair or poor credit to enroll.
Does fortiva give credit increases?
Normally, you can’t apply for a credit limit increase when you so wish. Read the cardholder agreement before applying for one. However, your Fortiva may increase your credit limit at their discretion if they see you fit.
What is fortiva credit?
The fortiva credit program was initiated by Bank of Missouri which provides loan decisions to consumers within seconds of applying for credit. The program cuts across many markets such as Furniture, Home Improvement, Electronics, and Educational Services.
I hope you enjoyed this article? If yes, kindly share it!