Hey! Need a ride seriously and you don’t yet have the money to purchase one? Why don’t you try Zipcar today? Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network where members can book Zipcars based on their monthly/yearly plan.
Zipcar has been praised in recent times by the media and major environmental agencies for its role in ensuring environmental sustainability.
Through its car-sharing business model, the company is playing a crucial role in reducing congestion and pollution in major cities around the world. In fact, the company’s core mission is to enable simple and responsible urban living where there will be more car-sharing members than car owners in major cities across the globe.
Joining the Zipcar family is pretty easy, all you need to do is to choose the plan that best applies to you between the three available plans for membership which are:
- Sign Up as an individual
- Join with a company
- Join with a university (deal for students and teachers)
Currently, Zipcar operates in seven countries around the globe including the United States, Canada, Taipei, and the United Kingdom where it offers fast on-demand access to drive cars to members in the major metros.
If you’re a student or teacher, then I guess you’re in for some great benefits as Zipcar has made a special discounted membership plan where students/teachers can join through their university. Luckily, Zipcar operates in over 600 campuses worldwide so there is a big chance your campus is among the list. Follow the link to find out about the university membership plan.
Why You Should Join Zipcar
First, by joining Zipcar, you’ll be contributing your quota to reducing pollution and climate change hence promoting global sustainability.
Secondly, their service is pretty cheap and easy too with a membership plan starting from as low as $7 per month thus saving you potential savings.
Thirdly, it gives you great access to mobility and comfort too. C’mon we’ve all dreamt of the moment where we just take our ride and head out on a vacation or something. Yea I know the metro is great, but we need more freedom perhaps?
Fourthly, you get to receive a cool card (i.e the Zipcard) once you become a member. It is the Zipcard that you use for booking Zipcars which can be done via Zipcar’s website or mobile application.
I could go on and on but I think I should stop here.
What Are The Requirements For Joining?
I’m sure you must be wondering how you can join Zipcar. Before I show you that, I first need to tell you the requirements of becoming a Zipcar member. They include:
- Valid driver’s license
- Debit or Credit Card
- Must be 21 years or above. 18 years for those applying as students.
Once you have these two items, then I think you’re ready to join Zipcar! But before that, it’s important you get acquainted with Zipcar ground rules for better membership experience.
- You have to keep the car clean at all times
- Inspect the car before using it so that you can report any damages the car might have had before you use it, otherwise, it’ll all be on you.
- Always leave at least 1/4 tank when you’re dropping the car
- No smoking in the car
- Always keep pets in a cage or pet carrier at all times.
- Always return on time to avoid paying a $50 late fee.
How Does Zipcar Work?
Zipcard follows a simple operating model. The whole process of becoming a member can be summarized below:
- First, you have to pick a membership plan
- Next, Zipcar verifies your details (i.e driver license & record) — This usually takes 1-3 business days to complete.
- Once you’re approved, a Zipcard will be mailed to your address within 3-7 days business.
- Finally, activate your Zipcard and start booking Zipcars immediately!
How To Activate Zipcard
- You can activate your Zipcard online by visiting www.zipcar.com
- Next, proceed to the next step by clicking on the “Sign In” button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address and password in the spaces provided and click on the “Sign In” button to access your account.
- Finally, navigate to the card section to activate your card
How To Find Zipcar Locations
Just as I’ve mentioned earlier, Zip car is currently operating in seven countries around the globe from North America to Asia. To find Zipcar locations near you, simply head over to the Zip car’s website or mobile app. Next, navigate to the “Countries” section. There, you’ll see a list of countries as well as major metros where Zipcard is available.
In case you’re a student and want to confirm if Zipcard is available at your institution. You can click on the “Zip car For Universities” link instead to see list of colleges/universities campuses (There are over 600 of them!) where Zip car is available.
Want to book Zipcars on the go? If yes, why don’t you install the app for easy access? The Zipcar app is available for free on Google Play and App Store. You can perform the following actions from the mobile application:
- Book a car
- Extend/cancel reservations
- Get directions to your car through GPS
- Contact a local Zipcar support team
- Lock & Unlock your Zipcar
- Find Zipcar locations
- Sort Zipcar by model and availability
How Do I Check Zipcar Rates?
Zipcar rates vary from one location to another. Also, members can choose to pay either per hour or per day. To find the rate that applies to your location, simply head over to www.zipcar.com. Next, navigate to the “Country” section to choose your location. You’ll then see the membership plans that are available for your chosen location as well as their prices.
Was this post helpful? If yes, kindly leave a comment below. I read them all