Depending on your current situation, there are several ways you can employ to activate your MBNA credit card. They include:
- By registering for Online Card Services
- Via the mobile app (Although you’d still need to register for online services)
- By speaking with an MBNA customer service representative
Once you’ve successfully activated your card using one of the methods I’ve listed above, you’ll be able to make money transfers, see promotional offers regarding mbna, view paperless statements, set up bill pay, request balance, etc. Although charges may apply when you use your card. Be sure to read the cardholder agreement before use.
Before I show you how to activate your mbna credit card, there are some useful tips you need to know first. They include:
- MBNA cards can only be activated by the main cardholder
- Replacement cards don’t need to be activated since they have no sticker in front of them
- You can change your personal identification number (PIN) at any ATM location
- If you’ve misplaced or forgotten your personal identification number (PIN), you can call the mbna customer service on 03456 062 062 (+44 1244 659 005) for a reminder. Also, you can make a PIN reminder via the mbna app as well.
- Your additional cards get automatically activated once you’ve activated your main card on your account.
Activate your MBNA Credit Card Online
Like I mentioned above, there are two ways you can activate your mbna credit card online. They include:
- By registering for online card services (Your card gets activated at the same time)
- You can log in to activate your card if you’ve already enrolled for online services.
Registering for Online Card Services
- Go to the MBNA “Activate Your Card” page to get started.
- Under the “Not registered for Online Card Services?” section, click on the “Activate your credit card” link to proceed to the next page.
- Next, enter your Credit card number, date of birth, and your card expiry date in their respective fields.
- Finally, click on the “Activate” link to activate to MBNA credit card successfully.
NB: You’ll also be able to register for Online Card Services during this process.
Log In To Activate Your Card
This option only applies to those that have already registered for MBNA Online Card Services. Follow the steps below to activate your card.
- Simply visit the MBNA “Activate Your Card” page to begin with.
- Next, locate and click on the “Log in to activate” button to proceed.
- Enter your Username and Password in their respective fields and click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Follow the prompt instructions to activate your MBNA card.
Activate Your Card Using The MBNA Card Services App
You can also activate your credit card using the MBNA Card Services App. Although you need to have enrolled for Online Card Services first before you can use this method. Download the mbna app from Google Play or App Store. Next, launch the app and log in to your credit card account. Finally, navigate to the card activation section to have your card activated.
Features of The MBNA App
Below is a list of actions you can perform on your credit card account using the mbna app. They include:
- Set up bill pay
- Check balance & view transaction history
- Enable email notifications and SMS alerts
- Order a replacement card
- Report missing or stolen card
- Request PIN reminder
Call A Customer Service Representative
If you’re the non-techie type of person that prefers to get stuff done by speaking to a live person. You can call the MBNA credit card on 0345 607 2263 (or +44 1244 757 221 for those calling outside the UK) to activate your credit card. You can place your call between 7am-11pm GMT all week round.