Have you recently received your new Scotiabank credit card at the mail and you’re wondering how to go about activating it? Worry no more! You’ve come to the right place. All you have to do is to follow carefully the steps I’ll be teaching you below. There are two ways to activate a Scotiabank credit card, and they include; online or by phone.
Also, before we proceed, I’ll like to let you know that only the primary cardholder can activate a Scotiabank credit card. Now that you know this, let’s proceed to the activation steps…shall we?
Also Read: 3 Ways to Activate thinkmoney Credit Card
How to Activate Scotiabank credit card Online
- Visit the Scotiabank Credit Card activation page here
- Next, enter your card number in to the box shown
- Tap the “Continue” button to proceed
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the following steps to activate your card
Upon activating your card, you’ll be able to use your card to complete purchases online, at merchant stores, POS, ATMs, etc. Also, note that not only your main card gets activated during this process, other supplementary cards associated with your account also gets activated as well (if they’re not yet activated).
Activate Your Scotiabank Credit Card By Phone
Call 1-800-806-8600 to activate your card over the telephone. Make sure you have your card with you while making the call because you’ll be requested to enter your card number amongst other details pertaining to the card. Holders of the MasterCard credit card can call 1-866-583-6289 to activate their card.
Now that you’ve gotten your Scotiabank credit card activated, you may also be interested in how you can increase your credit limit. Am I right? You can increase your credit limit via three methods namely; online, by phone, or in person.
- Online: You have to log on to your Scotiabank credit card account online to submit your request.
- By Phone: Call 1-800-367-6466 to speak with a Scotiabank customer service agent.
- In-Person: Use this tool to locate any Scotiabank around you. Simply walk into any branch and head over to the customer service section to speak with a customer service agent about your request.
Want to report lost or stolen cards? Call the phone number that applies to your location below.
- For US and Canadian customers, call 1-800-387-6466
- For customers residing in the Greater Toronto area or outside North America, call (416) 288-1440.
- Customers with a hearing impairment that resides in the US or Canada can call 1-800-645-0288.
For customers that wish to switch, close or consolidate their credit cards accounts, they can call 1-866-267-4935 between 9:00 a.m. — 9:00 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays, or between 10:00 a.m. — 6:00 p.m. (ET) on Saturdays.