As a Lloyds Bank customer who took advantage of the credit facility offered by Lloyds Bank, it is mandatory that you’ll receive a Lloyds credit card either by mail or in-person. Most times, it comes by post. When you do receive this card, you’ll need to go through an activation process before it becomes active for us. Don’t worry, Lloyds bank has made the activation steps very simple and easy to do. Because they are fully aware that not all their customers are computer geek, Lloyds bank has provided several ways to go about activating the Lloyds credit card. They include:
- By phone
- Via the Mobile Banking app
- In Branch
How to Activate Lloyds Credit Card Online
This method is applicable to customers registered for Internet banking. If you’ve not yet enrolled, you can still activate your new Lloyds credit card securely online.
- Go to the Lloyds Internet Banking portal to get started
- Next, click on the “Activate your Credit Card” icon to proceed
- Enter your Credit card number, expiry date, and date of birth into the fields provided
- Finally, tap the “Activate” button to complete the activation process
Activate your Credit Card Via Telephone Banking
You can activate your Lloyds Bank credit card by phone between 7 am — 11 pm on Mondays to Sundays by calling 0800 032 0444. Customers outside the UK can call +44 2074 812 548 to activate their credit cards.
Make sure you have your card with you before you place the call because you’ll be asked to give certain details concerning the card.
Activate your Credit Card Using the Mobile Banking app
- First, you’ll need to download the Mobile Banking app on Apple App Store or Google Play
- Launch the app and sign in to your account
- Click on the “Activate” button and follow the prompt instructions
The Lloyds Mobile Banking app is very secured, and it enables you to manage your Lloyds account on the go with convenience. Download it today to start enjoying all that Lloyds bank have to offer.
How to Activate Your Card In Branch
You can activate your new Lloyds Bank credit card in any nearest Lloyds Bank branch around you. Simply use this tool to locate the nearest branch by Address, City, or Postcode.
This method of card activation allows you to ask some burning questions or inquiries you might have to the Lloyds banking staff.
Other Important Information
- To report lost or stolen cards, call 0800 096 9779 (UK residents) or +44 1702 278270 (Customers from outside the UK).
- Want to make credit card inquiries? Call 0345 606 2172 (Customers residing in the UK)or +44 1702 278 272 (Customers outside the UK)
- For balance transfers, call 0345 606 2172 (UK residents), +44 1702 278 272 (Customers outside the UK)
I’ve activated My Card, Now What?
Once your card has been activated you’ll be able to use it to make purchases, book reservations, buy gas, pay for bills, etc.
Making Payments to Your Lloyds Bank Credit Card
You can make payments to your Lloyds credit card via direct debit, online, by phone, by post, or from other financial institutions.
- Direct debit: Sign in to your account to set up a Direct Debit. Alternatively, you can call Lloyds Bank on 0345 606 2172 to set up a Direct Debit.
- Pay Your Bill By Phone: Call Lloyds Bank on 0345 606 2172 (UK residents) or +44 1702 278 272 (if you’re calling from outside the UK) to make a payment to your credit card.
- By Post: Mail your cheque to the billing address on your credit card statement.
- Paying from other banks: Here is Lloyds Bank account number: 0000 0000, sort code: 77-29-00. Ensure you specify your 16-digit credit card number as a reference.