Now that you’ve gotten your gap credit card by mail, you’ll need to first activate it before it can be used to make payments. You can activate your gap credit card online or by calling the customer service number at 1-800-887-1198.
When you register/activate gap credit card, you’re now charged with the task of managing your account either online or by phone. Carefully follow the steps below in order to activate your card online.
Activate Gap Credit Card Online
- Go to the Gap credit cards page
- Click on the “Activate card” link located at the lower-right corner of the page.
- Enter your card information in their required fields.
- Finally, complete the step in order to register your card.
Your card is automatically activated the moment it gets registered. Now, you can start performing various tasks on your credit card account online such as pay bills, view rewards earned, make payments, enroll for paperless statement (When you opt-in for this, you automatically get 500 rewards points).
The other method of activating your gap card is by calling the gap credit card customer service.
Activate Gap Credit Card By Phone
You can also activate gap credit card by phone by calling the Gap card activation number at 1-800-887-1198 to get started. A customer service representative would speak to you, request that your gap card is activated
If you’ve not gotten a Gap card yet, you can follow this link to apply for one immediately.
- You need to enter your full name, phone number, home address, Zipcode, SSN/ITIN, date of birth, annual income report, etc in their respective boxes.
- Then click on the “Continue” button to proceed to the next page. You get your result immediately, so if your application was approved, your card would be mailed to you within 3-5 business days.
Benefits you stand to get when you become a cardholder include:
- NO annual fee
- Zero liability charges
- 10% off on payments made every Tuesday
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent in Gap & affiliates stores either in-store or on their websites.
- You get a $5 reward for every 500 points earned.
- Cardholders get to earn 1 point per $1 everywhere else the Visa logo is present.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Save 15% on your first purchase you make using the Gap Card
Found this article helpful? Kindly leave a comment below.