Upon receiving your Chime card by mail, you must activate it right away for it to be active for use. Generally, Chime Bank has made the card activation process very seamless by providing several easy ways to activate your card — Online, By phone, or via the Chime mobile app.
Each activation method has been perfectly crafted to give customers a seamless experience while activating their cards. Follow the method that suits you.
Activate Chime Card Online
- First, head over to www.chimebank.com to get started
- Next, click on the “Log In” button at the top-right corner of the page to proceed
- Then enter your Email address and Password in their respective fields and click on the “Log In” button to sign in to your chime account.
- Upon signing in, follow the on-screen instructions to activate your chime card.
In case you’ve not yet created a chime account, you can do so by clicking on the “Get Started” button present at the top-right corner of the homepage. Then you’ll need to fill in your basic details such as your name, address, city, zip code, phone number, email, and password to complete the account registration process.
How to Recover Your Email Address
It is a common situation to lose or misplaces the email address we used in creating our online accounts. Unfortunately, Chime is no exception!
Thankfully, Chime bank has created a medium where account holders can easily retrieve their login information in as much that they can provide the correct phone number associated with their accounts when prompted.
Also Read: Mercury Credit Card Login Guide
Once you have the phone number you used to sign up with you, then you’re all set to recover your email address. Simply click on the “Forgot Your Email Address?” link on the Chime login page to proceed. Next, enter the phone number associated with your account and click on the “Submit” button to send your request. Your email address will be sent to you once the number provided has been verified.
Reset Your Account Password
To recover your password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link on the Chime sign-in page instead. Next, verify your identity by entering the email address associated with your account as well as the last four digits of your Social Security number (SSN).
Once you’re done, press the “submit” button to reset your chime account password.
How to Activate Your Chime Card By Phone
Call the Chime customer service number on 1-844-244-6363 to activate your card by phone. Next, select 2 then press 0 to speak with a Chime customer service representative. You’ll be prompted to verify your identity, therefore, ensure you keep your basic details and card details with you when making the call.
The Chime customer service is available from Monday to Saturday from 7 AM — 7 PM, while it’s available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
How to Activate Your Chime Card Via the Chime Mobile App
If you have already installed the Chime mobile app on your device, you can activate your card instantly through the app.
- Simply launch the Chime app and log in to your account using your email and password.
- Once you’ve signed in to your account, a message will display notifying you to activate your card.
- Next, navigate to the Chime card activation page and enter your CVV code in the field provided.
- You’ll receive an automated call disclosing your verification code once your CVV code has been verified.
- Finally, enter the verification code in the box provided to activate your chime card.
Download Chime Mobile App
The chime app is both available at Google Play and App Store. The app gives you a more convenient way of managing your chime account and easy access to your money. With the app at hand, you can do the following:
- Make and receive money more efficiently
- View real-time transaction notifications
- View account balance
- Manage your Chime Spending account and or your savings account (This is optional)
- Block your card when stolen or misplaced.
Reasons Why You Should Bank With Chime
Below are some congruent reasons why I think you should choose Chime as your banking services provider:
- There are no hidden fees
- The card comes with an EMV chip security
- No minimum balance requirements
- No overdraft
- More than 38,000 fee-free Moneypass available
- No service fees and No foreign transaction fees
- Chime has a very powerful mobile banking platform thus, giving you the ultimate convenience & flexibility whenever they want to manage their account.
- The company’s sophisticated technologies make it possible for you to receive your paycheck early. Hence, there is no more delay when it comes with receiving your paycheck while banking with Chime.
- Chime has an Automatic Savings features allow you to save whenever you receive or spend money.
How To Get A Chime Card
Now that you’ve seen all the benefits that come with owning a Chime card, I’m sure you must think about applying for one (that’s if you haven’t gotten one already!). Luckily for you, applying for a chime card is easy as it gets. What’s more? It has no impact on your credit score. All that is required of you is that you open a Spending Account with Chime Bank. Don’t know how to open a Chime Spending Account? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Just continue reading below.
Follow the steps below to open a Chime Spending Account:
- Go to the Chime Bank homepage at www.chimebank.com, and click on the “Get Started” button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Next, fill in your basic information such as name, email, address, city, zip code, etc in their respective fields.
- Finally, review & confirm your details before submitting your application.
Upon the successful opening of your spending account on Chime, you can expect to receive your card within 10 business days, You should activate your card once it has arrived before it can be active for use. You can activate your Chime card using one of the methods mentioned above.
Using Your Card
You’ll need to fund Your Chime Bank account before you can start using your card to make transactions. You can fund your card via the following ways:
- By setting up a direct deposit with your employer
- Transferring funds directly from other bank accounts into your Chime account.
- Mobile check deposit
You’ll be able to use your Chime card to pay for your bills & utilities, grocery stores, hotel reservations, purchase gas at the gas stations, etc once your card has been loaded with cash
Should In case your card gets stolen or misplaced, you can quickly report it to Chime via email at email@example.com to block it for you or you could temporarily block it yourself by signing into your Chime Bank account either via the app or online. Then navigate to the Settings tab and toggle off the off Chime Card Transactions option.
You can request a replacement card via email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Chime bank will mail you a replacement card as soon as your request has been received.
Chime Debit Card FAQS
Where can I load my chime card? You can load your card at one of the participating Walgreens and Green Dot retail locations across the united states.
Is Chime a prepaid card? No, the Chime card is not a prepaid card. Rather, it can be likened to your regular debit card because it is linked directly to your bank account which a prepaid cannot do.
How to add money to chime card? You can add funds into your chime card either by setting up a direct deposit with your employer (where you’ll be receiving your salary or wages) or by transferring funds into it from your bank account.
Can I overdraft my chime card? Yes of course you can. Chime bank does not charge overdraft fees and give you up to $100 to cover an expense.
Can you use your chime card at any ATM? Yea, sure you can use your Chime cad at any ATM across the United States. However, you’ll be charged $2.50 when you withdraw cash from out-of-network ATM that is not included in the Chime’s fee-free network.
Was this post helpful? Leave a comment below. I read them all