Upon receiving your Chime card by mail, it is imperative that you activate it right away for it to be active for use. Generally, Chime Bank has made the card activation process very seamless by providing several easy ways to activate your card — Online, By phone or via the Chime mobile app.
Each activation method has been perfectly crafted to give customers a seamless experience while activating their cards. Follow the method that suits you.
Activate Chime Card Online
- First, head over to www.chimebank.com to get started
- Next, click on the “Log In” button at the top-right corner of the page to proceed
- then enter your Email address and Password in their respective fields and click on the “Log In” button to sign in to your chime account.
- Upon signing in, follow the on-screen instructions to activate your chime card.
In case you’ve not yet created a chime account, you can do so by clicking on the “Get Started” button present at the top-right corner of the homepage. Then you’ll need to fill in your basic details such as your name, address, city, zip code, phone number, email and password to complete the account registration process.
Recover Your Email Address
It is a common situation to lose or misplaces the email address we used in creating our online accounts. Unfortunately, Chime is no exception!
Thankfully, Chime bank has created a medium where account holders can retrieve their login information in as much that they can provide the correct phone number associated with their accounts when prompted.
Also Read: Mercury Credit Card Login Guide
Once you have the phone number you used to sign up with you, then you’re all set to recovering your email address. Simply click on the “Forgot Your Email Address?” link on the Chime login page to proceed. Next, enter the phone number associated with your account and click on the “Submit” button to send your request. Your email address will be sent to you once the number provided has been verified.
Reset Your Account Password
To recover your password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link on the Chime sign-in page instead. Next, verify your identity by entering the email address associated with your account as well as the last four digits of your Social Security number (SSN).
Once you’re done, press the “submit” button to reset your chime account password.
Activate Your Chime Card By Phone
Call the Chime customer service number on 1-844-244-6363 to activate your card by phone. Next, select 2 then press 0 to speak with a customer care representative. You’ll be required to verify your identity, therefore, ensure you keep your basic details and card details with you when making the call.
The Chime customer service is available from Monday to Saturday from 7 AM — 7 PM While it’s available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Using The Chime Mobile App
If you have already installed the Chime mobile app on your device, you can activate your card instantly through the app.
- Simply launch the Chime app and log in to your account using your email and password.
- Once you’ve signed in to your account, a message will display notifying you to activate your card.
- Next, navigate to the Chime card activation page and enter your CVV code in the field provided.
- You’ll receive an automated call disclosing your verification code once your CVV code has been verified.
- Finally, enter the verification code in the box provided to activate your chime card.
Download Chime Mobile App
The chime app is both available at Google Play and App Store. The app gives you a more convenient way of managing your chime account and easy access to your money. With the app at hand, you can do the following:
- Make and receive money more efficiently
- View real-time transaction notifications
- View account balance
- Manage your Chime Spending account and or your savings account (This is optional)
- Block your card when stolen or misplaced.
Reasons Why You Should Bank With Chime
Below are some congruent reasons why I think you should choose Chime as your banking services provider:
- There are no hidden fees
- The card comes with an EMV chip security
- No minimum balance requirements
- No overdraft
- More than 38,000 fee-free Moneypass available
- No service fees and No foreign transaction fees
- Chime has a very powerful mobile banking platform thus, giving you the ultimate convenience & flexibility whenever they want to manage their account.
- The company’s sophisticated technologies make it possible for you to receive your paycheck early. Hence, there is no more delay when it comes with receiving your paycheck while banking with Chime.
- Chime has an Automatic Savings features allow you to save whenever you receive or spend money.
How To Get A Chime Card
Now that you’ve seen all the benefits that come with owning a Chime card, I’m sure you must wonder about actually owning one. Luckily for you, applying for a chime card is easy and doesn’t impact your credit score. All that is required of you is to open a Spending Account with Chime Bank.
Follow the steps below to open a Chime Spending Account:
- Go to the Chime Bank homepage at www.chimebank.com, and click on the “Get Started” button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Next, fill in your basic information such as name, email, address, city, zip code, etc in their respective fields.
- Finally, review & confirm your details before submitting your application.
You can expect to receive your card within 10 business days after opening a Chime Spending account. You should activate your card once it has arrived using one of the methods I mentioned above.
Using Your Card
You’ll need to fund Your Chime Bank account before you can start using your card to make transactions. You can fund your card via the following ways:
- Set up direct deposit with your employer
- Transfer funds directly from other bank accounts into your Chime account.
Once your card is loaded with cash, you can start using it to pay for your bills & utilities, grocery stores, hotel reservations, purchase gas at the gas stations, etc.
In case your card has been stolen or misplaced, you can quickly inform Chime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to block it for you or you could temporarily block it yourself by signing into your Chime Bank account either via the app or online. Next, navigate to the Settings tab and toggle off the off Chime Card Transactions option.
You can request a replacement card via email by contacting email@example.com. Chime bank will mail you a replacement card as soon as your request has been received.
Was this post helpful? Leave a comment below. I read them all