Before beginning to use your card to make purchases, you should read this Gap credit card login and activation guide. Being able to login to your credit card account is an integral part of managing your credit card account. There are certain things you won’t be able to do unless you sign in to your account online. Some of the things include:
- Paying off your credit card bill
- Enabling automatic payments
- Checking your account balance and transaction history
- Requesting an additional card
- Updating your personal details
Now, don’t get me wrong here, you can also perform these actions when you call the Gap credit card customer service department, but its usually stressful and time-consuming since you’ll have to wait for long queues before a customer service agent attends to you.
Gap Credit Card Login
Just as i mentioned earlier, being able to login to your Gap credit card account allows you to manage your credit card on the go, access your benefits, amongst others. Also, you can also activate your new Gap credit card when you sign in to your account online.
Follow the steps below in logging in to your Gap credit card account.
- Visit www.gap.syf.com/login/ to go to the Gap credit card login page
- Next, enter your User ID and Password under the “Access Your Account” section
- Push the “Secure Login” button to access your credit card account
PS: You can check the “Remember Me” box if you’re performing this action from your personal computer or tablet.
How to Activate Gap Credit Card
If you’re a new cardmember or you recently requested a new Gap card. You will need to activate this new card before it can be active for use. Now, you can activate your card via two means: By phone or online.
You can activate your card by phone with the help of a Gap credit card customer service agent, simply call the Gap Customer Service toll-free number at 866-450-5289; Gap Silver Credit Card: 866- 450-5291 which is attached on the sticker attached to your card.
Generally, you’ll be asked to disclose your credit card details such as account number, expiry date, etc. You will then be asked to choose a unique PIN which you’ll be using subsequently to authorize payment made on your card.
Alternatively, you can choose to activate your card online by yourself. Read this article to learn how to activate your Gap card online.
How to Recover Gap Credit Card User ID?
Whether you’re an existing a new cardholder, there is usually the time when we tend to misplace/forget our login details, especially Username/User ID. Luckily for Gap cardholders, Gap has created a section on the cardmember account services portal where cardholders can easily retrieve their login details by providing some little information about your card. Follow the steps below to learn how to recover your User ID.
- Go to www.Gap.syf.com/login/ and click on the “I Forgot My User ID” link to proceed
- Enter your account number and Zip Code into the given boxes
- Tap on the “Continue” button to find your User ID.
How to Reset Gap Credit Card Password?
- Go to the Gap credit card login page and click on the “I Forgot My Password” link to continue
- On the next page, enter your User ID and Zip Code into the given boxes
- Tap on the “Continue” icon to go to the next page
- On the next page, choose and confirm your new password
- Finally, log in to your account using your existing ID and the new password.
How to Register For Gap Credit Card Online Access
Registering your Gap card for online access allows you to seamlessly manage your credit card account from your comfort zone as long as you’re connected to the internet. You can manage your account online or via the mobile app.
- To register your card, head over to www.Gap.syf.com/login/ and click on the “I want to Register” link to continue
- Next, Input your account number and Zip code into their respective fields
- Tap on the Continue button to proceed
- On the next page, choose your preferred User ID and password
- Finally, crosscheck your inputs before creating your account
How Do I Apply For a Gap card Online?
- Access the Gap credit card application form here
- Fill in the form with your details (legal full name, Last 4 Digits of your SSN, annual income, mobile number, address, etc)
- Choose your preferred option
- Accept the terms and conditions
- View your application result
Application Eligible Requirements
- You can ONLY apply for a Gap card if you’re resident in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) only
- Have reached the legal age of your state
- Have a valid means of identification preferably a government-issued ID
- Must have a valid home address
- Possess a good credit score
Gap Credit Card Benefits
- Amazing rewards and cashback offers available (You’ll earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Gap Inc. stores ~ You’ll get a $5 Reward for every 500 points accrued)
- Surprise birthday gift
- Zero fraud liability
- No annual fee
- Rewards can be redeemed for cash at any Gap Inc. brand nationwide
How to Pay Gap Credit Card Bill
You can make Gap credit card payment online, by mail, or over the telephone. Each of the methods requires that you have your Gap card with you when you want to pay off your bill as you’ll be asked to give some details regarding your card.
How Can I pay my credit card bill By Phone?
There are two ways to pay your Gap card bill by phone. They include: Via the automated system or through a live agent. The former is free to use while you’ll be charged a fee when you opt for a live agent option. Simply call the Gap credit card customer service number at 866-450-4467; Gap Silver Credit Card: 866-450-4468 to get started.
How do I pay my credit card bill online?
Sign in to your account via the Synchrony account login page to pay off your credit card bill online.
How do I pay my credit card bill BY Mail?
Send your payment to the address below:
P.O. Box 530942
Atlanta, GA 30353-0942
PS: Make sure your check is payable to Gap Inc for easy processing of payment.
- To report lost or stolen credit cards, call 866-450-4467 for your Gap Credit Card; 866-450-4468 for Silver credit cardholders.
- To request a credit limit increase, call 866-450-4467 for Gap Credit Card; 866-450-4468 for Silver Credit Card.