Holders of a discover card can pay their card bill via three methods namely:
- By Phone
- Via the mail
Luckily, these payment procedures are very straightforward and can be completed within minutes. Continue reading below to learn more about each payment method.
How Can I Pay My Discover Card Online?
Yes, you can make a discover card payment online once you’re logged in to your account. If you’ve not yet opened an account online, you can do so by clicking on the “Register Now” button to create one today.
- To make payment online, simply visit the discover card online payment page to get started.
- Next, sign in to your account using your User ID and Password.
- Once you’re logged in to your account, navigate to the payments section and click on the “Make a Payment” button to proceed.
- Finally, enter the checking account number, bank routing number and the amount you wish to pay to make your payment online.
NB: You can pay off your discover card up to two days per day, also, you can set up automatic bill pay in order not to miss any payment date.
How Can I Pay Discover Card By Phone?
Yes, you can also pay your discover card over the phone by calling the discover card customer service on 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). The discover card customer service number is available 24/7. However, you’ll be a charged a $5 fee if you used this mode of payment.
Make Your Discover Card Payment Via The Mail
This is the last available method to pay off your discover credit card. This mode of payment is not advisable if your payment due date is very close as it takes up to 7-10 days for payments made using this method to reflect on your account.
To make payment via the mail, send your cheque/money order along with your account number to the address below:
Discover Financial Services
P.O. Box 6103
Carol Stream, Illinois 60197-6103
P.S: Make sure the cheque is payable to discover card.
How to Not Miss a Credit Card Payment
- Always make your payment early: This is in fact, one of the most important steps to manage your credit card because it shows your credit lender that you’re creditworthy, thus, lowering your interest, and improving your credit score overall. If you find it hard keeping up with you due date, you can always set up automatic bill pay. This ensures you never miss your payments.
- If it is possible, always pay more than your minimum payment: Paying more than the minimum balance monthly can quickly allow you to clear off your credit card thus improving your credit score.
- During hard times, always ensure you make your minimum payments: Everyone can face hard times financially, its a no brainer. In case you don’t know what minimum payments, they are the very least payments your credit lender allows you to make each month. Always go through your cardholder agreement to check whether your minimum payments are being applied to your balance or toward finance charges. It is always advisable to go with the credit card issuer that allows your minimum payments to go towards your balance.
Feel free to drop comments below and we’ll be sure to get back to you ASAP.