The cash card app is an application which generates unique Visa debit card from which you can use to make purchases.
The debit card is called a “Cash card” because it acts like one. The cash card can be used to do virtually anything a normal debit card does.
However, the major difference between the cash card and normal debit card is that the cash card isn’t connected to any bank. Rather, it is only linked to the cash card app from which it can be accessed.
Currently, the maximum amount you can withdraw from your cash card is $250.00 on any given day. Also, it has weekly and monthly limits which are $1,000 and $1,250 respectively.
The cash card can be ordered from the cash card app for free and you can even customize the card design right from the app.
Cash Card App Features
- You can send and receive cash right from the app even if they haven’t signed up with Square yet
- Cash app gives you instant discounts when you make purchases with the card
- You have the option to request a physical debit card which you can use anywhere
- The cash card can be used to draw money from any ATM displaying the Visa logo
- You can buy and sell Bitcoin right from the app
- Get your paycheck deposited to the app in Seconds
- You get an occasional boost on your card right from the cash app. This boost acts as a form of point or discount at designated stores/merchants
- The app is simple to use, swift and clean
- Cash app is very secure with touch ID integration for quick payment
The cash app is a product of Square, Inc. which provides financial solutions to clients. As an employee, you can receive payroll deposits from Square merchants right on the cash app.
However, just like other major financial programs out there, you have to be 18 or older before you can order a Cash Card.
How To Order a Cash App Card
Once you’ve downloaded the Cash App on your device. You can order a Cash Card right from your Cash App.
To order your card:
- Launch the cash app and click on the amount visible on the home screen.
- Next, click on the “Get Cash Card” to proceed.
- Switch the enable option and complete the prompt instructions.
- Confirm your details and enter your shipping address.
- Customize your card by adding your signature.
Your cash card will be mailed to your address within 10 business days and, you’ll need to activate it first before use.
How To Activate Cash App Card
You can activate your cash card with or without a QR code.
Using a QR code:
- Once you’ve received your card. Launch the Cash App and click on the Cash Card icon.
- Now click on the image of your cash card and tap on the “Activate cash card” button right below the image.
- Give Cash App permission to use your camera to scan the QR code.
- Finally, scan the QR code with your camera to activate your card.
Activate your card without QR code:
- You can activate your cash card without using the QR code. Simply launch your Cash App and tap on the Cash Card icon.
- Next, click on Activate to proceed
- Click on the Next button and select Use CVV Instead option from the available options.
- Enter your card CVV number and expiry date and complete the prompt instructions.
Once you’ve activated your cash card, you can use it to make purchases with Apple Pay, Google, online and other outlets.
Add Money To Cash App Card
You can send and receive cash on your Cash App. You can load your cash app using both manual and automatic means.
Also Read: Cash App Review: Should You Order One?
To load your app manually:
- Launch your app and click on Cash Card
- Then tap on the Add Cash button
- Choose the desired amount you wish to add and tap on the Add button when you’re done.
Once you’ve loaded your app, you can withdraw the money at ATMs, send payments or you can send them to your local bank account.
Enable Auto Add Cash:
- Click on your profile icon
- Enable Auto Add Cash
- Set your preferred amount and frequency.
Make Payments From the Cash App
If this is the first time you’re using your app to make payment, enter the reward coupon “SPXHVFS” on the signup screen to get a $5 bonus when you send your first transfer over $5. In case you’ve already signed up prior to this event, just tap on your profile menu and locate the reward coupon section. Enter the coupon code “SPXHVFS” in the box provided.
To make payment:
- Enter the amount you wish to send and click on Pay
- Add the details of the payee (name. mobile number or $Cashtag).
- Enter your payment note in the
For:field and tap on Pay to complete the transaction.
- The recipient should receive notification within minutes of performing this action.
Also, note that you can link your bank account to your Cash App. Thus, if the payment you’re sending is more than your Cash App balance, the payment will be drawn from your associated account.
You can view both your Cash Card number and balance by tapping on the Cash Drawer balance located at the top corner of the home screen.
Cash App Fees
The card is completely free of charge. Cash App does charge some cents when you make payment using your card.
Although, Cash App does not charge you when you use the card at ATMs to withdraw cash, however, you may be charged some fees depending on the ATM you use.
Feel free to drop comments below and we’ll be sure to get back to you ASAP.